Silver is well-known not only as a type of jewelry, but it also brings benefits in terms of health and luck to the user. However, consumers still have a lot of questions about this popular jewelry. Below are Universaladsinc answers to all questions regarding to the design and the way for maintaining silver jewelry effectively.
What is Silver 925?
Sterling Silver with 92.5% mass fraction is silver and remaining 7.5% is mass of other metals. Normally, 7.5% of other metals are copper, zinc, and platinum to increase the shine and durability of the product. The standard of Sterling silver with a minimum fineness of 925 is set. Silver 925 has a very high level of hardness, which is suitable for making objects with precision and accuracy to millimeters.
Why does silver jewelry tarnish over time?
This is an basic property of silver. When used, they will react with sulfur in the sweat glands, perfumes, shampoo, shower gel, dish soap … which forms insoluble black precipitated sulfur silver salts that adhere to the surface. Sulfur is also present in air and hot springs.
Therefore, silver 925 products are dull and black after a long time of use is unavoidable.
Should I choose silver 925 instead of pure silver?
With high aesthetics and durability, silver 925 is always the perfect choice when used as jewelry. Moreover, the manufacturer can easily style jewelry items with silver 325, whether it is elaborate motifs, patterns, many small details. This is the reasons for the diversity of Silver 925’s designs.
In recent years, silver producers have researched and found the right ratios to blend. This helps to reduce dullness and discoloration during use commonly found in pure silver. Thus, the durability of 925 silver is definitely better than silver.
Additionally, it is confirmed that this type of silver does not have a negative effect on the health of the user. Meanwhile, the use of avoiding wind is always trusted by parents to make a ring for children.
When does 925 silver tarnish?
There is no need to worry about this issue because silver naturally dulls and loses its inherent shiny color. As long as you apply some of the following methods, you can regain the inherent shine of 925 silver:
- Apply toothpaste and use a soft brush to brush clean the surface of the silver in water until the jewelry is shiny like new rinse with clean water.
- Mixture includes: salt and a pot of water. After you boil water in an aluminum pot for about 10 minutes, add silver to stir and then rinse with clean water.
- Use a silver coating.
Above are the questions and answers from users about 925 silver jewelry. With the above knowledge, we hope that you will understand more about this special 925 silver. From there, one can choose for yourselves a luxury and suitable jewelry product.